The vision of the Center for Future Health Professionals at the University of California (UC), Irvine is to become the main local support network in Southern California for promising underserved youth who have the potential to become a healthcare professional.
The mission of the Center for Future Health Professionals at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) is to expose the youth of Orange County to different healthcare professions and encourage life-long civic engagement through high quality mentorship programs. The program seeks partnerships with other community organizations that focus on providing teenage youth with resources and opportunities to succeed. Our mission will be accomplished by:
- Providing one-on-one mentorship, workshops and shadowing opportunities through collaboration with other organizations that help youth succeed
- Providing educational opportunities which promote early development of professionalism, healthy habits and patient-centered care
- Promoting continuous growth of the program based on the needs of students and community through outreach projects
- Providing a resourceful website for youth interested in healthcare professions
- Training future mentors and community leaders